- To achieve Kangar Peaceful Town Status by the year 2015
- Increasing the infrastructure and public facilities for the convenience of the trading residents
- Prepare public transport facilities including other related infrastructure
- Develop Human Capital of the employees and the municipal community
- Establish a town and residential area environment which is conducive for residence.
KANGAR MUNICIPAL COUNCIL PLAN 2011-2015
- Assist State Government towards a Developed Perlis 2015
- MPK focuses on the development of
- Fiscal development
- Physical development
- Council members and staff of MPK themselves need to have a first class mindset to enable them to provide first class service.
VISION AND MISSION 2011 - 2015
- Increase infrastructure and public amenities to facilitate the rakyat in conducting businesses.
- Build arcades and additional business spaces
- Increase basic facilities in tourism cities.
- Focus Areas
- Pekan Arau
- Padang Besar
- Kuala Perlis
- Simpang Empat
- Provide public transportation facilities and its necessary infrastructures
- Build new bus terminals
- Provide intercity bus services
- Upgrade existing bus terminal in Kuala Perlis
- Develop staff and community’s human capital.
- Strengthening Local Agenda 21 (LA21)
- Shape first class mentality amongst staff and citizens of municipal.
- Focus on - Cleanliness of public toilets, cleanliness zones
- Create a conducive living environment
- Extension of Safe City Programme with the spreading of Town Lighting Programme
- Reduce crime risks
- Locked Motorbikes
- Increase navigational sign boards
- Create a clean environment
- Effective and efficient garbage collection
- Think Green
- Abolish @ Reduce the use of plastics and changed to paper bags.